Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Doing Things Around Christchurch

As for things to do around Christchurch, we went to the Airforce Museum, Savemart thrift stores, Benson Chinese restaurant with our Chinese friends, Botanic Gardens, Canterbury Museum, ReStart Mall, and the ruined Christchurch Cathedral (what we call disaster tourism). There was a Hare Krishna group performing at the ReStart Mall, which was my first time hearing them. While we were at the Canterbury Museum, there was a 4.1 earthquake, but I was the only one in the group who felt it. I looked at a woman next to me and she confirmed it: 'earthquake.' I checked the Christchurch Quake Map website on my phone and sure enough, there had been one. It was the final days of a Da Vinci exhibit which was really cool -- the display on anatomy and bodies showed just how ahead of his time he was.














No comments:

Post a Comment