Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Sydney Itinerary: Featherdale Wildlife Park

After an early-early-morning flight to Sydney, we did my traditional walk to the waterfront to check out the Opera House and Circular Quay, then took the train to Featherdale Wildlife Park, about 45 minutes west of the central city. It was a nice, sunny day, and most of the animals were out and about. I've gone to the Taronga Zoo twice and saw online that this one was more intimate with a focus on Australian animals, so I thought I'd switch things up. There were indeed lots of wombats, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, penguins, and a few echidnas, birds, and dingoes. One koala was just the most precious thing, and it doesn't even seem real in the photo!

soo precious!!



You could feed them, and they enjoyed the ice cream cones more than the grass.








So tall - one of the weirdest birds I've ever seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment