Monday, April 17, 2023

New York City Trip: The Met Art Museum

After years of hermiting and no travel due to the pandemic and various housing issues, it was time to get out of New Zealand for an international trip. And you might as well go big, so I embarked on a six-week adventure to three states back in the US. But before the obligatory family visits, I treated myself to a week in New York City on the new direct flight from Auckland (only around 15 hours!) and stayed with a friend and hung out with some of our group friends. Great decision and I'm so glad I managed solo travel in such a big city! I definitely missed traveling and new experiences and hope I can get back into them gradually.

The Met Art Museum was my first stop, with free entry because one of my friends going with was a member. It was huge - the visit was really only a taster of what they have on exhibit, but it was nice to be able to be surrounded by beautiful art from all around the world and across time spans. Here are some things I saw:

Faberge eggs

Arm & Armor area

Hydra

Beautiful Tiffany stained glass

Classic Ben

Loved the way these cats are eyeing the bird

Egyptian building in the middle of the museum

One of the exhibits featured in Black History Month

 


No comments:

Post a Comment